Proven by tens of thousands of garments, Reproofed without fail!
We use the finest odorless wax for reproofing and pay special attention to the hard-wear areas like cuffs, shoulders, elbows, etc. Our reproofing service will rejuvenate the waterproof- and windproof-features of your favorite waxed jacket. Unlike other reproofing companies, we reproof your pieces by hand and not with a spray
Things to Know About Reproofing
- Best to reproof yearly, depending upon usage.
- Reproofing protects the garment from the elements.
- Reproofing prolongs the life of the product.
- Do not machine wash or dry clean a waxed cotton garment.
- Garments should be cleaned of mud and debris prior to being sent
- Cleaning should be done with cold/lukewarm water.
- Hose down or rinse in a shower with a soft brush.
- Reproofing revives the color of the garment (most jackets get darker upon reproofing).
- Jackets will be temporarily stiff and will soften with wear.
- We offer odor removal.
- Handwashing of the lining and outer shell.**
- Wax proofing of non-wax items – such as canvas bags, and leather jackets.
*Any article that is not cleaned of mud and debris will be cleaned by New England Reproofers, at the cost of $60 per hour ($30 minimum). Garments that have been machine washed or dry cleaned need additional work and we must charge an additional $62.
**No guarantee to remove stains.