Our Reproofing Services
Proven by tens of thousands of garments, Reproofed without fail!
We use the finest odorless wax for reproofing and pay special attention to the hard-wear areas like cuffs, shoulders, elbows, etc. Our reproofing service will rejuvenate the waterproof- and windproof-features of your favorite waxed jacket. Unlike other reproofing companies, we reproof your pieces by hand and not with a spray
Things to Know About Reproofing
- Best to reproof yearly, depending upon usage.
- Reproofing protects the garment from the elements.
- Reproofing prolongs the life of the product.
- Do not machine wash or dry clean a waxed cotton garment.
- Garments should be cleaned of mud and debris prior to being sent
- Cleaning should be done with cold/lukewarm water.
- Hose down or rinse in a shower with a soft brush.
- Reproofing revives the color of the garment (most jackets get darker upon reproofing).
- Jackets will be temporarily stiff and will soften with wear.
- We offer odor removal.
- Handwashing of the lining and outer shell.**
- Wax proofing of non-wax items – such as canvas bags, and leather jackets.
*Any article that is not cleaned of mud and debris will be cleaned by New England Reproofers, at the cost of $60 per hour ($30 minimum). Garments that have been machine washed or dry cleaned need additional work and we must charge an additional $68.
**No guarantee to remove stains.
The Tradition of Quality Continues
New England Reproofers Leather Treatment
The conditioning process of a leather jacket is recommended to extend the life and beauty of the garment. Conditioning adds moisture which prevents the leather from drying and cracking, as well as, revives the color and preserves the soft texture.
At New England Reproofers the conditioning process is done by hand in three steps:
- Cleaning to remove dirt and stains
- Conditioning to nourish and beautify
- Treating with a water-repellency treatment to add a degree of protection should the jacket be exposed to rain temporarily
Disclaimer: No guarantee on stain removal